Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Arrived.

I'm here!! I had forgotten how intensely hot and humid it is. I mean, I always knew that it is - but this is ridiculous. I'm sure it won't be so bad after a few days and I'm a bit more acclimated. Also, Taiwan is why I love cold showers.

So yes. Plane ride. I was tired of being on the plane after seven hours - and I still had seven more to go. I slept a few hours but not much. Then we arrived in the airport, changed some money, went through immigration, and fortunately Ryan's and my bag both arrived. We may have been worried.

We had a small adventure finding the right bus and getting tickets. Then it was an hour from the airport to the city/our bus stop. The hostel is nice and near the metro station. There are a number of other people from the US and one or two from Finland and Ireland (?).

Anyway, it is currently 12:30am (thurs), but according to my watch it's 9:30 am (wed). I feel like I should be much more tired considering I didn't sleep more than 3 hours the past two night. So, I'm going to go try to get some sleep.

And yay for the first blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment